Re: thunderbird: set default browser, file types for attachnents, ...

Roman Stöckl-Schmidt wrote:

Well dear Matthew, if only you WOULD configure the software to do what
you want it to (if even be GUI).
In firefox 1.0 just goto Edit -> Preferences -> choose the "downloads"
part and check "ask where to save a file every time", the exact
directive names may differ because I'm using a German version and just
guessing what the names are in the "original"

True.  Is that the default?

Oddly enough, it was set up to save files to the desktop, but in fact it was saving them to my home directory. Which is possibly due to some random other setting somewhere in my configuration too...