RE: how to enable rear out jack on SB Live Platinum sound card

On Thu, 2005-03-24 at 17:17 +0100, Bram Mertens wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-03-24 at 10:06 -0500, Mike Turcotte wrote:
> > Did you try alsamixer? If you are using EMU10K1, you shit get a crap
> > load of options for adjusting volumes and mutes
>
> No I haven't. Like I said I don't use alsa at the moment, can I install
> alsamixer without it? Or should I switch to alsa?
>
> I installed alsamixergui because it didn't depend on much alsa-related
> stuff but when I launch it I get a warning:
> alsamixer: function snd_ctl_open failed for default: No such file or
> directory

Sorry about replying to my own message here but I discovered I was
wrong... I am using alsa... Only I have both OSS ans Alsa modules loaded
which is causing the error displayed above.

Further investigation revealed that I should first unload these modules
but:
imladris:/home/m8ram# rmmod emu10k1
ERROR: Module emu10k1 is in use

Neither arts nor esd are running, what else could be using this module?

TIA

Bram

--
# Mertens Bram "M8ram"   <bram-mertens@linux.be>   Linux User #349737 #
# debian testing            kernel 2.6.8-1-686     i686     512MB RAM #