RE: how to enable rear out jack on SB Live Platinum sound card

Did you try alsamixer? If you are using EMU10K1, you shit get a crap
load of options for adjusting volumes and mutes

Michael Turcotte
Information Systems
City of North Bay
200 McIntyre St. E
PO Box 360
North Bay, Ontario
P1B 8H8

Mike.Turcotte@cityofnorthbay.ca
http://www.cityofnorthbay.ca

The
> new TFT however has two built in speakers so I connected the
sound-cable
> of the monitor to the SB Live's Line Out jack while I plugged my
stereo
> into the Rear Out jack like it used to be.
>
> The Line Out jack is now working fine so the TFT's speaker work but
the
> Rear Out jack appears to be muted or something and I can't find how to
> get it to work again. aumix doesn't show any channel muted but it
> doesn't list a Rear Out either.
>
> I've stuck to the emu10k1 driver becuase I don't know if alsa supports
> the Optical Out and In (and the other connectors) on the Live drive.
>
> So I'm hoping someone will be able to tell me how to get the Rear Out
> working like the Line Out or where I can get more info on this.
>
> Alternatively I'd like to hear if someone got all connectors on the
Live