Re: IIS says "You are not authorized to view this page". Grrrr.

Andrey Andreev wrote (Tuesday 22 March 2005 6:17 pm):
> Brendon Lloyd Higgins wrote:
> > Not Debian specific, but worth a try.
> >
> > Braindead administrators at my uni have installed an IIS system for a
> > team project I'm working on as part of my studies. As you might've
> > guessed, this server requires authentication, but use anything other than
> > IE and it won't ask for it. It'll just tell you "You are not authorized
> > to view this page".
> >
> > I'm not sure what to do. I tried installing Samba to see if it might've
> > had some useful tools, but ntlm_auth seems to have disappeared. I've
> > tried the ntlmaps package but I don't think I know how to set it up
> > right.
>
> At least Firefox supports ntlm. When logging on, enter your username as
>
> DOMAINNAME\myusername

I tried DOMAINNAME\**username**@**host**/**file** and it did indeed work. Very
nice. Thank you.

I suppose it will continue to work for other pages on the same site that are
interlinked? The "DOMAINNAME\**username**@" part gets stripped from the URL
in the address bar once it connects. I won't have to keep putting
DOMAINNAME\**username**@ everytime I click a link, will I?

Peace,
Brendon