Re: IIS says "You are not authorized to view this page". Grrrr.

Brendon Lloyd Higgins wrote:
Not Debian specific, but worth a try.

Braindead administrators at my uni have installed an IIS system for a team project I'm working on as part of my studies. As you might've guessed, this server requires authentication, but use anything other than IE and it won't ask for it. It'll just tell you "You are not authorized to view this page".

I'm not sure what to do. I tried installing Samba to see if it might've had some useful tools, but ntlm_auth seems to have disappeared. I've tried the ntlmaps package but I don't think I know how to set it up right.

At least Firefox supports ntlm. When logging on, enter your username as

DOMAINNAME\myusername

or, if the account is local

COMPUTERNAME\myusername

Andro