Re: LVM howto

Rodney D. Myers wrote:
Is there a debian specific document on getting LVM setup?

I'm using debian Sarge, with a debian kernel. A friend has shown how
LVM can help with an ever increasing directory/partition.

THanks

Nothing really Debian specific.

lvm2 support must be present in the kernel.

This is the package that contains the relevant commands.

ii  lvm2           2.01.04-3      The Linux Logical Volume Manager

If you want, here: http://chefacciamo.xwiki.com/xwiki/bin/view/Debian/lvm
there is a summary of how I had setup lvm on my debian laptop years ago :)

Of course use a current kernel and I would advise that you keep the root filesystem on a physical volume (partition).

HTH,
Bob