Re: Gnome-Help

milton@cam.org wrote:
When I select 'Programs' / 'Help System' from the Gnome menu the 'Gnome Help Browser' starts, however, the 'Location:' box contains only 'toc:' and the main sub-window contains 'Could not load default TOC page'

Is there some reason that you have to use Woody instead of testing or unstable?

I don't know if Synaptic is in Woody, but if you have to use Woody, see if Synaptic is in it. It's easier to use than dselect.

FWIW, I haven't found the Gnome help system all that helpful. Man pages or /usr/share/doc or a Google search are usually more helpful.