Re: DRI with ATI

On Monday 21 March 2005 18:34, michael wrote:
> Folks - sorry I'm no expert with graphics so apols if I get any terms
> mixed up. My problem is that I get the warning/error msg
>   Xlib:  extension "XFree86-DRI" missing on display ":0.0".
> I have just installed xlibmesa-gl-dev & xlibmesa-glu-dev and the above

Thats not what you need.  What you need is to install the package

xlibmesa-dri

> warning appears when I run vis5d, glxgears & tuxracer. From bug 286135 I
> see that this implies "normal behaviour for every app that uses mesa and
> DRI support is missing"
>
> My XF86Config-4 has a DRI entry (at the end all by itself), viz:
> Section "DRI"
>         Mode    0666
> EndSection

In terms of modules, what does that section say?

Here's mine - I am pretty sure I have to comment out "GLcore" and add "dri"
and "glx" (although its a while now since I did it)

Section "Module"
#       Load  "GLcore"
        Load    "bitmap"
        Load    "dbe"
        Load    "ddc"
        Load  "dri"
        Load    "extmod"
        Load    "freetype"
        Load  "glx"
        Load    "int10"
        Load    "record"
        Load    "speedo"
        Load    "type1"
        Load    "vbe"
EndSection

You might also need something like the following - obviously not the same,
because I have a Radeon9200.

Section "Device"
        Identifier      "Radeon9200"
        Driver          "radeon"
        Option          "AGPMode" "4"
#       ChipID          0x4242
EndSection

> and the following appears in XFree.0.log
>  (II) Loading extension XFree86-DRI
>
> My graphics card is ATI RageXL

No idea if this particular card is supported

> I note I've not rebooted since installing xlibmesa-gl/glu-dev but I'm
> presuming that's not necessary.
>
> So, what do I need to do to ensure my DRI support is there/working and
> thus not get error/warning from Xlib?

Have you looked at the link below - everything you need to know should be
there
http://dri.freedesktop.org/wiki/FrontPage

--
Alan Chandler