Re: how can you play wmv files?

Robert Storey wrote:

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 20:30:34 -0500
tom <giftbound@verizon.net> wrote:

Ok I found the codecs but where do you put them at? and I guess you
got  to tell mplayer where they are..

I've compiled mplayer from source (as opposed to installing the .deb
file), so maybe it's different, but anyway here's the procedure for a
source install:

1) Put the codecs here:
  /usr/local/lib/codecs

2) Then compile the mplayer source.

It has to be done in this order.

cheers,
Robert

another experience:

with the (mplayer) codecs installed in /usr/lib/win32 [*not* in an apart directory* within /usr/lib/win32]

and kaffeine and kaffeine-mozilla installed,

my machine (sarge 2.6.8.-2-i386) plays news-video's in wmv format in mozilla and firefox;

in the firefox-browser after having copied the kaffeine-plugin into the map firefox-installer/plugins.

cheers,

groet'n

steef