Re: Security and Testing

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005, Dave Ewart wrote:

> This is not intended as flamebait, but perhaps those who are *really*
> concerned about up-to-date security don't run 'testing ... ?  That may
> explain your lack of response.

for me ... i assume the [cr/h]ackers are already inside the network
and is watching and/or sleeping and recording ..

	- i work around things based on that assumption
	and than gamble with roulette and statistics and probability
	and repeatability and ... endless list ...

	- i exclude the possibility of any keyboard loggers running on
	*nix boxes, and if there was one loaded, all bets are off anyway
	( ssh, ssl, nada will help since they got your keystrokes and
	  mouse clicks )

> Sarge server can be mitigated by having other layers in your security
> model (firewalls etc.) and keeping a close eye on the security
> bulletins.

lots of layers

c ya
alvin