Re: how can you play wmv files?

Pollywog wrote:

On Thursday 17 March 2005 12:25 am, tom wrote:
what you need to do this?

I believe mplayer will do that, just make sure to install the codecs from the mplayer website.

I put this in my sources.list in order to get mplayer deb packages:

deb ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/ unstable main
deb-src ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/ unstable main

Google for mplayer and get the Codecs, fonts, and Skins there.
I did not need the fonts and skins when I installed and used kplayer as the GUI for mplayer, but it has its own GUI too (gmplayer is the command for that).

8)

Ok I found the codecs but where do you put them at? and I guess you got to tell mplayer where they are..