Re: OT: Need all services of an ISP except the actual DSL/Cable line/modem

On Wed, Mar 16, 2005 at 09:42:12PM -0600, John Hasler wrote:
> William Ballard writes:
> > I'm not going to be doing the kinds of things that require NewsGuy or an
> > anonymizer.  I don't do warez (got Linux), mp3s (copy CDs from the
> > library), or kiddie pron.
>
> I'm not aware that NewsGuy is associated with any of those things.  I
> suggested them because they offer inexpensive news and pop3 email (though I
> use only their news service).  I believe that the $40/yr account includes a
> small Web page as well.

I still endorse Panix, but I've also used Newsguy when I needed
dialup (in the days when I travelled a lot more than I do now) and
they did fine in that capacity.  No shell account, though.

I think Panix fits William's (pun intended) needs better.
--
Carl Fink                  carl@fink.to
Ask me about I-Con 24, April 8-10, 2005