Re: mouse and Belkin Omnicube not happy

I had a similar problem with a new install of Debian testing where the mouse would not 'synchronize' when switched away from that particular box and the back again. I took a chance and purchased a new KVM switch, Belkin F1DJ104P 4-port, hoping that a newer switch would have better mouse emulation than my old Protec KVM purchased many years ago. It did and it now works fine. The new switch did the
trick.  Might be worth it to try a newer or different switch.

Adam Hardy wrote:
Hi All

I just upgraded from RH9 to Debian with relative ease, although I am still ironing out a couple of wrinkles! :)

I've got 3 computers set up to share a monitor, mouse and keybd via a Belkin Omnicube. When I switch back to debian, the mouse loses its grip on sanity. If I pull the mouse cable out of the socket and replace it, then the mouse regains its composure.

I get some lost synchronisation 3 bytes etc etc error message on the console when I move the mouse, although I haven't worked out how to capture the log to quote it here.

Googling dug up a email about a similar problem, but with Murphy's Law in action, there was no solution. Apparently it may have something to do with hotplug.

I tried to deconfigure hotplug for the mouse, but failed. I thought if I put 'psmouse' into /etc/hotplug/blacklist, then hotplug wouldn't interfere. However it seems hotplug is still operating on the mouse even with that module quoted in blacklist.

Any suggestions, anyone? (config below)

Thanks
Adam

PS tried it with gpm too with no luck

from XF86Config:
Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier    "Configured Mouse"
    Driver        "mouse"
    Option        "CorePointer"
    Option        "Device"        "/dev/input/mice"
    Option        "Protocol"        "ImPS/2"
    Option        "Emulate3Buttons"    "true"
    Option        "ZAxisMapping"        "4 5"
EndSection

from console:
gondor:/home/adam# lsmod |grep mouse
psmouse                27528  0