Re: css, copying, compressing. legality thereof

On Wednesday 16 March 2005 17:01, Matt Price wrote:
> We're going on a long trip this summer.  I'd like to bring along an
> old laptop in the car as a sort of mobile tv for the kids; but I don't
> want to bring all the original DVD's, as the kids are likely to wreck
> them up in the car.  So I'd rather take our dvd's, copy them onto the
> laptap harddrive

Speaking strictly for myself, and not for other members of this list, Debian,
or the Free Software communities:

Personally, I say use common sense, and fight for common sense in court if it
comes to that.  What you want to do hurts no one, and simply makes your
personal life easier.  Sure, a company might get a little richer if they make
your life complicated and then offer a solution in the form of a more
manageable copy of what you've already paid for, but who's hurting who in
that situation?

You still have basic rights.  Hold on to them.

--
Lee.