Other ways to read debian-user [was: Re: Re: Replying to "list-only" sorry my mistake]

On 03/16/2005 09:40 AM, Roel Schroeven wrote:
Michael Z Daryabeygi wrote:

Many lists are available as newsgroups on gmane's news server; see
http://www.gmane.org for more information. I follow a number of mailing
lists that way, and I'm very happy with it.

Just add a news account in Thunderbird and point it to news.gmane.org,
then subscribe to any newsgroups you're interested in. For example, this
mailing list is available via gmane in a newsgroup called
gmane.linux.debian.user.

But in fact I think Thunderbird should provide a Reply-To-List function.

Reply-To-List is complicated by the mail to newsgroup gateway; look at the headers to see. You could submit a wishlist bug.

Other ways to read this list include:

Regular usenet newsgroup: linux.debian.user
--> from Thunderbird, File-->New-->Account-->Newsgroup account...

As web pages:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/linux.debian.user?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8

I find the newsgroup best for me for managing the list volume.

Here's a graph of the number of subscribers and number of posts for debian-user:
http://lists.debian.org/stats/debian-user.png

Regards,
Ralph