Re: MacOSX & Debian dual boot questions...

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005, Charles Read wrote:

Should I (in OSX) repartition and leave a blank partition (for Debian),
reinstall MacOSX, then install Debian?  If so how does my Mac know to use
yaboot instead of proceeding down OSX's 'boot path'?

	1. Run Disk Utility and repartition the disk into "free space"
	   and OS X.
	2. Install OS X.
	3. Boot the Debian CD.
	4. In the partition phase, create your partitions.
	5. Complete the Debian installation.

	Debian runs last so it sets what the Mac boots to the bootloader
	where you get to choose Linux or OS X.

	- Paul