Re: phpbb for lists.debian.org

On Tue, 2005-03-08 at 11:48 -0500, Billy Pilgrim wrote:
> Could lists.debian.org be served with phpbb instead of email lists?
>
> For one, emails addresses are currently exposed for spam harvesting.
> And two, phpbb is much better for archiving, searching, etc.  See
> mozilla forums, OOo forums, etc, etc, etc.

Please read the statements on l.d.o policy of archives.

IMNSHO, If you do not have a valid or capable e-mail service that can
deal with SPAM, do not post to *ANY* of the lists on l.d.o

I posted onetime with another e-mail because I was forced to (Work
related) and Since then, I get about 1 spam a day.

Now, this e-mail address, one which I have use for most of my on-line
stuff, this one gets on average 750 SPAM a day. I use server side rules
(maildrop) to drop the mail in the different IMAP folders I have.

Not, only that but I am subscribed to 2 lists that generates more than
750 mails a day. And both lists are publicly available for SPAM
harvesting.

But, this is not my maximum, a few years ago during the Sasser swarm, I
was getting sometimes in excess of 10,000 Sasser and Sasser Variant
messages a day. That is when I change the setup on my mail server to
deal with large volumes of mail that are either unwanted or unsolicited.
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

The technology that is
Stronger, better, faster:  Linux