Laptop external monitor

Hi all,
  I have a Compaq Evo N1020v. I have a problem when trying to connect an
external monitor in xfree. When using the vesa driver the external monitor
runs correctly, by when I try to use the specific drivers it fails.
  The graphics driver I am using is "radeon" (I have also tried "ati"). The
graphics chipset is:

guerrano:~# lspci -s 00:01
0000:00:01.0 PCI bridge: ATI Technologies Inc PCI Bridge [IGP 340M]

And this is the configuration in /etc/X11/XF86Config-4

Section "Device"
  Identifier   "ATI"
  Driver       "radeon"
  VendorName   "ATI Technologies Inc"
  Option       "CloneMode" "1024x768"
  Option       "CloneHSync" "30.0-95.0"
  Option       "CloneVRefresh" "50.0-160.0"
  Option       "OverlayOnCRTC2" "true"
  #Try Option "MonitorLayout" "LVDS,TMDS" if the external display
  #is a flat panel connected via a digital connector).
  Option       "MonitorLayout" "LVDS,CRT"
  Option "crt_display" "true"
  Screen 0
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
 Identifier "LCD"
 HorizSync 30-60
 VertRefresh 50-75
 Option  "DPMS"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
  Identifier  "CRT"
  HorizSync   30-60
  VertRefresh 50-74
  Option      "DPMS"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
  Identifier  "Screen CRT"
  Device      "ATI"
  Monitor     "CRT"
  DefaultDepth 24
  SubSection "Display"
    Depth   24
    Modes   "1024x768" "800x600"
  EndSubSection
EndSection

Section "Screen"
 Identifier "Screen LCD"
 Device  "ATI"
 Monitor  "LCD"
 DefaultDepth 24
 SubSection "Display"
  Depth  24
  Modes  "1024x768"
 EndSubSection
EndSection

Section "ServerLayout"
  Identifier  "Cloned"
  Screen      0 "Screen LCD" 0 0
  Screen      1 "Screen CRT" 0 0

 InputDevice "Generic Keyboard"
 InputDevice "USB Mouse"
        InputDevice "synaptics"  "CorePointer"
EndSection

I would appreciate any help.

Luis

--
http://antares.sip.ucm.es/~luis
In a world without walls, who need Windows?