Re: equiv for spice

On Fri, 2005-03-11 at 12:37 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Friday 11 March 2005 11:19, belahcene wrote:
> >hi everyone,
> >I am looking for an equivalent softawre for the commercial  spice (
> >electronic  software). I found  the
> >ngspice, but it hasn't graphical interface and didn't check if it
> > does same thing
> >thank you for help
> >best regards
> >bela
> Check out this link, its to the gEDA site, and there are some 'spicy'
> things there.
>
> <http://www.geda.seul.org/>
>
> The whole kit is quite a download though.

Hamish Moffatt has done a fantastic job with the Debian packages for
gEDA.

run this:
        apt-get install geda geda-doc geda-examples geda-gnetlist \
        geda-gschem geda-gsymcheck geda-symbols geda-utils libgdgeda6 \
        libgeda20

That command will get you everything you need. It works quite well. I am
using the Sid version... but Sarge is the same version:

http://packages.debian.org/cgi-bin/search_packages.pl?keywords=geda&searchon=names&subword=1&version=all&release=all

Now how is that for an awesome thing.
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net