Re: Help with Raw CD images? (input/output error)

While we're on this topic, would anyone happen to know how to burn (and
retrieve) a raw data CD (that is to say, one which does not use the
iso9660 filesystem)? I know how to do it on FreeBSD (using the burncd
program, which is not available on Linux). I would assume that Linux
does have some way to do this, but haven't figured out the trick yet.

To make it clear what I'm talking about, here is an example of how it
would be done in FreeBSD:

   burncd -f /dev/acd1 -s 12 data archive.tar.gz fixate

and to retrieve the data:

   tar xzvf /dev/acd1

I would guess that in Linux it would be necessary to use cdrecord rather
than burncd, but I can't figure out the syntax.

TIA,
Robert