Re: Help with Raw CD images? (input/output error)

On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 20:40:09 +0100, Ognjen Bezanov wrote:

> I have an (audio) CD which want to make a raw image of.

You probably want cdparanoia or the like. CD-Audio data is stored very
differently than CD-ROM data -- the sectors are a different size, and
there is more error correction in a CD-ROM. So, you need a specialized
program to rip the audio data. cdparanoia is one, and there are others.

I've written a simple wrapper around cdparanois and cdrdao which
facilitates ripping/burning of audio CDs. You are welcome to use it if you
find it helpful.

  http://reidster.net/software/rp-cdda

HTH,

Reid