Request for comments on new disk installation plan

Dear friendly Debianites,

I'm about to enter the modern age and replace my 3.2G primary disk with a
160G model. Moving all my data, etc., is going to be fairly involved, so
I would be very appreciative of any comments you all might have on my
partitioning scheme and/or my transition plan.

% indicates filesystem backed up weekly to removable media
! indicates throwaway data

The /mnt/mirror-foo are filesystems mirrored from what you would expect,
updated nightly. /mnt/backup contains gzipped tar files of older backups
which are also (for the weeklies) on removable media.

Current
--------------

Primary disk (3.2G, disk A):

  /         192M    %
  swap      128M    !
  /usr        2.6G  %  contains /home, /var

Secondary disk (37G, disk B):

  /mnt/mirror-root  197M    !
  /mnt/mirror-usr     2.6G  !
  swap              180M    !
  /mnt/backup         6.6G  !
  /storage           20.0G     partial weekly backups
  /var/tmp            6.1G
  swap              494M    !

New
--------------

Primary disk (149G, disk C)

  /         256M  %
  /tmp      256M  !
  swap        1G  !
  /var        1G  %
  /usr        8G  %  contains /home
  /var/tmp   32G
  /storage  107G     partial weekly backups

Secondary disk (37G, disk B):

  /mnt/mirror-root  256M  !
  /mnt/mirror-var     1G  !
  /mnt/mirror-usr     8G  !
  swap                1G  !
  /mnt/backup        26G  !

Plan
-----------------

Main plan:

  [ ] Print out LILO manual
  [ ] Shut down box
  [ ] Install Disk C
  [ ] Boot using Knoppix CD
  [ ] Partition Disk C and make filesystems
  [ ] Copy A/ to C/ partition (see below)
  [ ] Copy A/usr to C/usr partition
  [ ] Copy A/var to C/var partition
  [ ] Remove C/usr/var empty directory
  [ ] Remove C/var -> /usr/var symlink
  [ ] Create directory C/var
  [ ] Remove contents of C/tmp
  [ ] Copy B/var/tmp to C/var/tmp partition
  [ ] Copy B/storage to C/storage partition
  [ ] Repartition Disk B and make filesystems
  [ ] Edit C/etc/fstab
  [ ] Edit C/etc/lilo.conf
  [ ] chroot C
  [ ] lilo -v
  [ ] Shut down box
  [ ] Configure BIOS to boot from C
  [ ] Reboot
  [ ] ???
  [ ] Profit!

Filesystem copying plan:

  [ ] copy source to destination using "rsync -aHtx --progress"
  [ ] "ls -lR > foo.txt" of source partition
  [ ] "ls -lR > bar.txt" of destination partition
  [ ] "diff -u foo.txt bar.txt | less", check for problems

Thanks very much for your time,

Reid