Re: Request for comments on new disk installation plan

Reid Priedhorsky wrote:
Dear friendly Debianites,

I'm about to enter the modern age and replace my 3.2G primary disk with a
160G model. Moving all my data, etc., is going to be fairly involved, so
I would be very appreciative of any comments you all might have on my
partitioning scheme and/or my transition plan.

Use LVM.  I am now in a position where I want to change my partition
scheme.  I originally did not think I would want to, so I did not go
to the trouble of setting up LVM.  Now I wish I had.  When I get some
time this summer, that is one of the things I will do.

BTW, everyone that I have personally talked to that uses LVM now
swears by it.

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez