Re: testing (well, I'm an idiot)

On 2005-03-11, Alvin Oga penned:

> On Fri, 11 Mar 2005, Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
>
>> http://www.gmane.org/post.php
>>
>> [quote] Rejected email addresses If you post an article to a Gmane group
>> using a Reply-To or From address that points to a mailing list, Gmane will
>> quietly drop the message. So don't do that.  [/quote]
>>
>> Well, poo.  That's probably why I haven't been able to post this way.
>
> quietly dropping is bad .. they could at least bounce it back to you to tell
> you that you wasted your time typing :-)

Well, if I had to guess, the rationale is probably something like:

"If an email has a Reply-To: set, then all correspondence regarding that email
should go to the Reply-To: address.  However, you've identified a mailing list
as your Reply-To:, and we're quite sure that we shouldn't send bounce
information to the list; therefore, we're not going to send it anywhere at
all."

That goes double if you set a mailing list as your From:.

--
monique

Ask smart questions, get good answers: