emacs + jde problems

Hello,

i am quite new to jde and in no way an emacs pro. I installed the debian testing packages of jde. when i now open a .java file everything looks good, jde is loaded. opening a second .java file loads the file, however gives me the message
"xxx.java was not setup for parsing."
so what does that mean? the thing that disturbs me most is that there is no sytax highlighting in that second.

i wonder now how i can resolve this.

btw, do i need an .emacs file for the jde package to work, or is this set up to consume?

ciao.

felix