Re: Is It Possible to Install Debian remotely?

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 15:55:18 +0000 (GMT)
neo anderson <freeonfair@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi mavens,
> I encounter a problem and am interested in knowing
> weather Debian support remote installation. For I read
> from some posts (not here) saying that Debian
> installer can be used to install Debian system into
> remote host. The reason why I ask for such  kind of
> feature suppor is because I do not have monitor (CRT/
> LCD), only one NB and a ibm x206 (the target machine I
> want to install Debain to and it has no monitor). And
> after few checks I'm sure that my NB has no vga input
> support (my NB is presario 900, if my understanding is
> wrong please tell me what to do, too; )
> Therefore, I egerly needs to know weather Debian
> installer supports such kind of installation features.
> Or any better idea is welcome.
> I appreciate it, sincerely.
> Arsene

In addition to what the previous poster said. If you don't already have
some form of Linux running on the box, it would probably be easiest to
buy a USB2 enclosure (or similar). Then you can take the hard drive out
of the headless machine, attach it to the laptop, install Linux and put
it back in the headless machine. Make sure to install ssh so you can
admin it remotely.

HTH,
Jacob