Re: OOo startup

On Thursday 10 March 2005 05:31 pm, Ralph Katz wrote:

> In my .xsession file, I have  xrandr -s 1  to launch X with 12 X 10
> instead of the monitor's default 1600 X 1200 resolution.  I suppose you
> could put an appropriately similar command in your .xinitrc file.  Just
> an idea, I'm not an expert.

I see what you're referring to now. I just tried setting up a .xsession file
with:
xrandr -s 1024x768 &&
exec ooffice

which left me with the same effect as before. If I set the -s switch to
800x600, that still leaves me with a ton of screen real estate unused, since
the lcd on that machine doesn't do 800x600. The fonts are godawful in that
mode too.

It's a shame OOo has left this functionality up to the wm.

--

...Rob
Return address is obfuscated.