Re: setup program

>> which i normally use to set my services to be automattically
>> start at boot time
>Files starting with K will be killed or not started, S will start
>in /etc/rc?.d

Also you can create an rc.local file in your /etc/init.d directory.  I would assume you are more comfortable with that filename being a Redhat user :).  You can do this by using these commands:

# Execute this command to find your default runlevel:

cat /etc/inittab | grep initdefault
#You should see a line like this:
id:2:initdefault:
#That means 2 is your default runlevel. This may also be 3, or rarely 4 or 5.

# Create your rc.local file like this (as root):

touch /etc/init.d/rc.local
chmod 774 /etc/init.d/rc.local

# Set it to be run at boot time by doing this:

ln -s /etc/init.d/rc.local /etc/rcX.d/S99local
#Replace the X with your default runlevel from step one. For example,
#rc2.d.

# Edit your /etc/init.d/rc.local script