Re: Switching to X.org

--- Brian Nelson <pyro@debian.org> wrote:

> You can install the x.org packages from Ubuntu.  They work pretty well
> on a Debian system (since the are packaged by Debian maintainers).
>
> http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/x/xorg/

Is this *really* such a good idea?  They might be packaged by Debian
maintainers, but despite so many claims to the contrary, Ubuntu isn't
Debian.  And so in that way, it could be that the Xorg packages depend on
other libraries of different names, of different versions, etc., that
could well cause conflict.

-- Thomas Adam

"TAG Editor"                 -- http://linuxgazette.net

experience will probably kill you. :)"