Re: Switching to X.org

On Monday 07 March 2005 18:10, debian-user-digest-request@lists.debian.org
wrote:
> Where can I get the x.org stuff -- and if possible a Debian package?
> I have a Radeon 9200c and the X crashes in a vary bad way using
> xserver-xfree86 so I have to reboot to get back my console, so I am
> anxious to use x.org.

Try the DRI trunk. There are three packages there and if they work for you,
its the easiest way. Xfree stays in place but you are running xorg.  Note
that these are experimental packages. (Make sure that radeon is supported
there first.)

If it does not work, change /etc/X11/X to point to XFree86 once more and
nothing is lost. If a reference to ...lib/modules-dri-trunk appears in
XF86Config-4, comment that out since it contains the xorg stuff.
Removing the packages restores.

To try this, put these in sources.list

deb http://www.nixnuts.net/files/ ./
deb-src http://www.nixnuts.net/files/ ./