Re: Somehelp needed with WINE

Hi Bill,

Have you installed DCOM98? (some windows stuff)

You can get it here:

DCOM98 (dcom98.exe)
http://www.microsoft.com/com/dcom/dcom98/download.asp

As an alternative (and a good one!) you could download the sidenet utility that helps you set up wine. You can download it from here:

http://sidenet.ddo.jp/winetips/config.html

Not sure that this will solve your problem, but maybe it's worth a try.

good luck,
Balint

Bill Day wrote:
First I'm a newb so please go easy on me this may well be something I have overlooked.....

I am attempting to run PokerStars via WINE20041201(as their support staff said many of their users were using it). But every time I attempt to run the file(exe. file right click from home and select wine) it bring up the installation dialog and goes through the motions only to get the following after installition is complete:

Wine has a exited with a  failure status of 1.

log:

Please use the registry key HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG\Software\Fonts\LogPixels
to set the screen resolution and remove the "Resolution" entry in the config file
fixme:shell:Stream_WriteLocationInfo writing empty location info

Thanks for any help