Re: Auto-notify remote user of IP address change?

David Powell wrote:
> My setup at home is similar (though I've got linux desktops) and I I've
> tried to get the IP address that the modem is assigned, but the only way
> I've been able to is by visiting internet sites (like shields up) that
> report that info back.

Just hit <http://www.whatismyip.com> or one of the other sites that exist
solely to tell you what your IP number is.

There are clients (some for MSWindows) that can be set up to do so
whenever the IP number changes.  Gnudip includes ones that will
automatically communicate this information to a Gnudip server.

NOTE: I've never actually used Gnudip.
--
John Hasler