Re: Getting sendmail to drop email with a specific subject line.

On Mon, 7 Mar 2005, Steven Jones wrote:

> SCheckSubject
> R$={FullSubjects}$*[TAB]$: REJECTSUBJECT
> R$* $={PartSubjects} $*[TAB]$: REJECTSUBJECT
> R$* REJECTSUBJECT $*[TAB]$#error $: "553 Access Denied - MSG may contain
> SPAM/WORM/VIRUS/HOAX."
>
> Which rejects based on key words in /etc/mail/subjects_part
>
> Ie *****spam*****
>
> Anyone out there who can edit this for me to simply drop or point at
> /dev/null please?  I do not want to bounce the email back, just
> blackhole it.

1) s/$#error/$#discard/
2) rebuild sendmail.cf
3) restart/reload sendmail

that will silently discard such messages - you'll probably have to scan
/var/log/mail.log to see it working
--
Rick Nelson
"Are [Linux users] lemmings collectively jumping off of the cliff of