libGL error also [was] Re: Xlib: connection refused

On Sun, 6 Mar 2005, Andreas Janssen wrote:

> > On Debian, when I want to see rendered stress in a Finite Element
> > Method (FEM) software (FELT), the message in window appears as:
> >
> > | Xlib: connection to ":0.0" refused by server
> > | Xlib: No protocol specified
> >
> > and nothing is rendered. What could be solution.

The above two lines containing "Xlib:" were when I used KDE, incase I use
"Genome" I get above two lines and following two more lines:

|  libGL error: failed to open DRM: Operation not permitted
|  libGL error: reverting to (slow) indirect rendering

I also get "Error activating XKB configuration" on "GNOME", while KDE
starts without any problem.

I also found on PC, graphic login is on "F8" against  normal "F7". Earlier
I was using "xdm", then I installed "gdm", then as at that time it had
graphic screen on "F7" it started on "F8". Is there any thing this related
to non-rendering?

--
H.S.Rai