Re: Xlib: connection refused

Hello

hsrai@gndec.ac.in (<hsrai@gndec.ac.in>) wrote:

> On Debian, when I want to see rendered stress in a Finite Element
> Method (FEM) software (FELT), the message in window appears as:
>
> | Xlib: connection to ":0.0" refused by server
> | Xlib: No protocol specified
>
> and nothing is rendered. What could be solution.

You do not happen to run the program as root while running X as another
user, do you? If that is the case, type

export XAUTHORITY=/home/hsrai/.Xauthority

or use some wrapper like gksu, kdesu or sux to run the program, if it
needs to be run as another use than the one that opened the X session.

best regards
 Andreas Janssen

PGP-Key-ID: 0xDC801674 ICQ #17079270
Registered Linux User #267976