Re: will 0-length file take up inodes

On Friday 04 March 2005 22:31, Tong wrote:
> Will 0-length file take up inodes? If yes, how can I create a
> name-only-file that only take up directory inore space, not any inodes of
> it own. I need to create thousands of such files...

I suspect you probably don't need such files at all.  What are you trying to
accomplish?  Usually, a database or a library/archive/wad file format would
be more suited to this.  Using a simple text file with one entry per line is
an option sometimes too.

If all else fails and you really do need it, then reiserfs might suit: I
believe it keeps tiny files in the directory tree itself.

--
Lee.