Re: Which is firewall generator suitable for new hand?

I am a new hand in linux system. I want to set up a firewall in my debain in my home. Which is the firewall generator suitable for a new hand in firewall? Since the document about iptables is too complicated for me, I could not use it.

I'd never heard of firehol. I just did an apt-get and found that the doc's seem to leave out the firehol-wizard??

apt-get install firehol
then run firehol-wizard helpme >/tmp/firehol.conf
edit /etc/default/firehol (change no to yes)
examples are in /usr/share/doc/firehol

If you have a gui, I suggest ap-get install guarddog

Lastly: go here to configure online. http://www.lowth.com/LinWiz/1.09/ServerFirewall/fw.pl/iptables