Re: Which is firewall generator suitable for new hand?

> If you have a gui, I suggest ap-get install guarddog

I have been using firestarter for a while and it seems OK.

Actually I was wondering, is there any difference between all these firewall
programs outside of the interface?

I am just a user, trying to get on the internet from my fixed IP machine.

firestarter, guarddog, shorewall, firehol, easyfw, fiaif, ferm, fwbuilder,
lokkit, mason, netscript, portsentry, uif, ...

What's the difference? Is one more "hardy" than the other?
I want something easy to use, where I don't need to go reading hundreds of
pages of docs. Just tell it I need ssh access from this and this IP, and
that's it. graphically if at all possible.

I am at the point where I am starting to not be a newbie anymore, but I am not
a programmer and don't want to be one. I want to be an informed user.

Alex.