Re: why should packages migrate to testing automatically

> As it currently stands, there is a 10 day "cooling off" period.  If a
> package is in Sid for 10 days without serious or grave bugs, it will
> propogate.  I don't think that lengthening this will improve much of
> anything as the larger number of people using Sarge means that some
> bugs that slip though the cooling off period will be discovered later.
>
> -Roberto

I was not asking for lengthening the "cooling off" period. I am
suggesting not to have any "cooling off" period at all and leave the
decision to the moderator of the package as to when it should enter
testing. It can be 5 days of 25 days depending on the moderator's
wish.
--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi
Cornell University