why should packages migrate to testing automatically

This might be nitpicking (sorry if it is), but I could not find the
answer in google.

I think it is a bad idea to allow packages to migrate to testing
automatically. Sometimes a maintainer might want the packages to stay
in unstable than in testing. A particular package might call for more
attention from Sid users to expose its bugs...

My personal opinion is that a package should migrate only upon the
consent of the maintainer.

1) Testing will probably have less RC bugs than there are currently
have -> improved stability in testing -> less work for the bug
squashing party -> less release cycle.
2) Maintainers make better choices and they know when the package is
ready for "testing".
3) Gives the users of sid sufficient time to find a bug and report it.

Dis adv:-
1) Updates to testing might be slower.

What do others think?

Kamaraju S Kusumanchi