Re: OT: how to setup cvs over ssh with a separate group?

Quoting Bruno Boettcher <bboett@adlp.org>:

> On Tue, Mar 01, 2005 at 03:44:04PM -0500, Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
> > As long as the cvsusers group has write permission to the cvsroot
> directory, I
> > have no problem importing and committing.  I am not sure what problem you
> are
> > having.  If your setup is complicated, you may want to consider setting up
> ACLs
> sure, but whom do the files you add and check in belong?
> to the user and group specified in the /etc/passwd file and not the
> group which is supposed to own and manage the cvs repository....
Sorry.  I forgot to mention: set the stickybit on your cvsroot.  Here is what
mine looks like:

$ ll -d /home/cvsroot/
drwxrwsr-x    7 root     cvsusers       70 Mar  1 16:26 /home/cvsroot/

This ensures new files and directories are owned by group cvsusers.

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez
http://familiasanchez.net/~sanchezr