Re: OT: how to setup cvs over ssh with a separate group?

Quoting Bruno Boettcher <bboett@bboett.dyndns.org>:

> Hello!
>
> i have the following problem:
> i started a project saved into a cvs repository, but now more people are
> joining, and they are all in different groups (its academic project),
> and now i don't know how to let them access the cvs repository...

The two available methods are pserver and ext (using rsh or ssh).

> i have people that should only have read access (but thats a minor
> problem), others read and write...
>
> i didn't find in ssh a switch to tell which group to use, on the shell
> its easy (newgrp), but when making submissions through ssh..... and even
> worse, for those making submissions from windows (and tortoisecvs..)

I am not sure what you mean.  If the users have a shell account on the cvs
server, then they should be able to get access with the :ext: protocol of cvs.
As far as permissions, make the group ownership of your cvsroot something
like cvsusers and make it group writeable.  Add all the users whom you would
like to have commit access to that group.

> will take gladly any idea, though pserver is out of question....

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez
http://familiasanchez.net/~sanchezr