Re: OT: how to setup cvs over ssh with a separate group?

On Tue, Mar 01, 2005 at 02:08:57PM -0500, Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
> The two available methods are pserver and ext (using rsh or ssh).
am allready using ssh and pserver is out of question...

> I am not sure what you mean.  If the users have a shell account on the cvs
they have

> server, then they should be able to get access with the :ext: protocol of cvs.
how?
i have users which are primarily in 3 different groups, are secondarily
in a common group.

When logging in they can access the cvs locally after having done a
newgrp, but that is not very practical....

all would prefer using their own platforms for devel....
unfortunately when you do a cvs operation over ssh you can't select the
group, at least i didn't found one....

thus the cvs systems accesses the repository with the primar group of
the user, yielding a lot of access rights errors....

> As far as permissions, make the group ownership of your cvsroot something
> like cvsusers and make it group writeable.  Add all the users whom you would
> like to have commit access to that group.
done, as said the problem is to tell the system to use the secondary
groups of the users and not the primary ones....

--
ciao bboett
bboett@adlp.org