Re: compiled switches of existing packages

On Tue, Mar 01, 2005 at 05:36:39AM -0500, Tom Allison wrote:
> How do you find out the compiled options or switches used for the
> available packages?

  apt-get source foo
  cd foo-1.2.3

inspect the file "debian/rules", which is generally an executable
Makefile.  (It might be required to be a Makefile, but I'm not sure
about that.) Look at the build or build-stamp targets.  Edit the flags
there, if you like.  After that:

  dpkg-buildpackage -uc -us -rfakeroot

and you should see new packages in the parent directory.  You may have
to do

  apt-get build-dep foo

to get its build dependencies installed before you can build it.

--
Russell Steicke

-- Fortune says:
"I'm willing to sacrifice anything for this cause, even other people's lives."