Re: compiled switches of existing packages

On Tuesday 01 March 2005 10:36, Tom Allison wrote:
> This is, or course, a precursor to: "and if they aren't what you need,
> what's the brain dead simple approach for taking stock packages and
> rebuilding into your own set of switches?  source files?"

That would be apt-build.  Unfortunately, it seems incredibly unintuitive.
I've tried to use it to build packages from source that aren't available
precompiled for debian/ppc, but it doesn't seem to recognise sources that
don't also have binaries.   Which I thought was strange, for a package that
builds binaries from source... :D

--
Lee.