Re: X question: mapping left ALT to the left WIN key

Jonathan Kaye wrote:

> Assuming you have xkb installed, try
> ~ setxkbmap -option lv3:ralt_switch_multik

Unfortunately, nothing changed.

> If you're using kde, go to kde control centre and select Regional &
> Accessibility > Keyboard Layout and then choose the XKB options tab. You
> get more options than you could every hope for.

I found that and tried out almost every option. nothing changed.
I applied the settings and nothing changed. I tried the
setxkbmap command, that kde shows at the lower line in the
control centerl - to no avail.

What am I doing wrong? The win-key still brings up the
K-Menu, nothing else. I also tried this on my desktop
computer, which has a working keyboard, and on it also
nothing happens. The alt-key and the win-key work just
like before I entered that command....

Martin

--
martin.henne <at> web.de