Re: X question: mapping left ALT to the left WIN key

did you try popping off the key and cleaning it?
no insult intended....
I have come accross plenty of people with no clue that keys are meant to come off.

Martin Henne wrote:
My left ALT key doesn't work anymore. Someone spilled his coke over my laptop :-(

Is there a way configure my X (maybe some XkbOption?)
so that it uses my left WIN key as the left ALT key?

I found stuff about mapping the META key to the left
WIN key to use xemacs (or was it not to map the meta
key there?) but my particular point is, that I need
the WIN key to act exactly like the left ALT key does
on 'normal' machines. In all my X-applications.

Any hints?

Thanks in advance.

Martin