Need help getting started with CUPS

I am running Sarge. I want to set up a CUPS print server. I am reading the
Printing-HOWTO and trying to follow the steps for CUPS. I try, from my
desktop machine, to use the web interface by typing:

http://cmn.lan.gnu:631/

into Firefox. (cmn.lan.gnu is my URL for my server)
I get:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access the resource on this server.

I clearly need to set up some sort of access permissions for CUPS. Where?
How? Where do I find instructions for access control, or how do I disable
access control, at least while I learn?

TIA

--
Paul E Condon