Re: Need help getting started with CUPS

On Fri, Feb 25, 2005 at 03:13:15PM -0700, Paul E Condon wrote:
> I clearly need to set up some sort of access permissions for CUPS. Where?

Debian places all system configuration files in /etc.  In this
particular case, you want /etc/cups/cupsd.conf.

> How? Where do I find instructions for access control, or how do I disable
> access control, at least while I learn?

Access control is down towards the bottom of the default cupsd.conf,
which is extensively commented with instructions on what the
different settings are and what they do.  Something along the lines
of

<Location />
Order Deny,Allow
Deny From All
Allow From 127.0.0.1
Allow From my.ip.address
</Location>

<Location /admin>
Order Deny,Allow
Deny From All
Allow From 127.0.0.1
Allow From my.ip.address
</Location>

should get you going for access from the machine CUPS is installed
on.

--
The freedoms that we enjoy presently are the most important victories of the
White Hats over the past several millennia, and it is vitally important that