Re: Mysql PHP Problem

I've not used Mambo, or phpmyadmin, but my guess would be that if phpmyadmin is able to work with your mysql databases and Mambo isn't then the problem is with Mambo.

I take it when you say that "If I use phpmyadmin then it all works fine" you mean you are able to view/edit your mysql databases running on the server?

Martin Hooper wrote:
I am using a Debian Testing server with Apache, PHP and MySql installed.

It seems that php is not recognizing that I have mysql installed. When trying to install and setup the Mambo CMS it says that there is no Mysql installed.

If I use phpmyadmin then it all works fine just not with the other software. ;)

I'm wondering if an option has been missed out in the compilation of updated packages or something like that...

dpkg -l |grep php

ii  php4           4.3.10-2
ii  php4-cgi       4.3.10-2
ii  php4-cli       4.3.10-2
ii  php4-common    4.3.10-2
ii  php4-mysql     4.3.10-2
ii  php4-pear      4.3.10-2
ii  phpdoc         20030911-1.1
ii  phpmyadmin     2.6.1-1

ii  libdbd-mysql-p 2.9003-3
ii  libmysqlclient 3.23.56-2
ii  libmysqlclient 4.0.23-4
ii  mysql-client   4.0.23-4
ii  mysql-common   4.0.23-4
ii  mysql-doc      4.0.23-1
ii  mysql-server   4.0.23-4
ii  php4-mysql     4.3.10-2

ii apache         1.3.33-3       versatile, high-performance HTTP server
ii apache-common  1.3.33-3       support files for all Apache webservers
ii apache-doc     1.3.33-3       documentation for the Apache webserver
ii apache-utils   1.3.33-3       utility programs for webservers
ii apachetop      0.12.5-1       Realtime Apache monitoring tool
ii libapache-mod- 4.3.10-2       server-side, HTML-embedded scripting
ii libapache-mod- 2.8.22-1       Strong cryptography (HTTPS support)
ii  webmin-apache  1.160-3        apache control module for webmin

Moondrake Trust
e: moondrake@optusnet.com.au
m: 0415 341 821